In this product review, you will find everything you need to know about the EdgeStar CWR532SZ 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler before buying. It is a single-zone wine cooler with a large bottle capacity and it is designed as a built-in/under counter wine cooler unit.
We will go through the technical specifications of this wine refrigerator including its overall design, appeal, cooling performance, other features, pros, cons, and what others have to say about it. Read on to find out if this is the wine fridge you need at home.
- Height – 33.5 inches, needs a cutout height of at least 34 inches
- Width – 23.5 inches, requires a cutout width of around 24 inches
- Depth – 24.3125 (with handles)
- Weight – 100 pounds
Capacity and Design:
The EdgeStar CWR532SZ Built-In Wine Cooler fits up to 53 standard-sized Bordeaux bottles (750 mL). It has six removable shelves that slide out easily for easy access and cleaning. You may also remove a shelf to accommodate bigger bottles, but doing so can significantly reduce the bottle capacity.
As for its aesthetic appeal, this under-counter or freestanding wine fridge suits contemporary kitchens and modern bars. It features a stainless steel exterior and wood-trimmed wire wine racks exuding an overall quality build. The tinted glass doors and soft blue LED lighting perfectly highlight your wine collection for easy viewing. It should be noted that the LED lights won’t heat your wines. The temperature will stay cool as you flaunt your wines. The LED temperature display makes it easy to manage the temperature you require for your wines without opening the wine fridge.
The stainless steel handle on the wine fridge door is ergonomic and has a door lock to keep your wine collection safe and for others’ eyes only. The door is also reversible, so you can opt to open it from the left or right.
When buying a wine fridge, we don’t just look into its bottle capacity and design, but also dig into its features. Here are some of the highlights that make the EdgeStar CWR532SZ 24 Inch Wide 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler a great value wine fridge:
- Single Temperature Zone – Wine connoisseurs with a large collection of a certain type of wine will need a reliable wine fridge with a single temperature zone. The temperature settings can be adjusted between 40 to 65°F. Take note that the unit’s temperature control is digital, making it easy to access.
- Even Air Distribution – With a powerful fan-forced ventilation system, you can be sure that this wine fridge will keep your wine collection cool with no hot spots. Even air cooling is a must with a wine refrigerator that has a high bottle capacity.
- Built-in or Freestanding – The EdgeStar CWR532SZ 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler is a well-designed wine refrigerant, making it easy to build into kitchen counters and will blend seamlessly with your modern kitchen design.
- Digital Temperature Display and Control – This setup is great to have in a wine refrigerator so you can be sure of the current temperature level cooling your wines.
- Odor-Free – Edgestar equipped this 53-bottle wine refrigerator with a carbon filter to prevent unwanted smells especially for those who don’t often open the wine fridge to allow the wine to age for longer.
- Cost-effective – The EdgeStar CWR532SZ 24 Inch, 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Refrigerator runs at 75w making it a budget-saving wine refrigerator. Its annual cost of operation is only $25.74 USD.
- Vibration-Free – Vibrations have their way of messing with the quality of our wines. If you are keeping your wine collection stored and locked up to enhance its flavor, do know that vibrations can affect the taste of your wines. As such, Edgestar made this unit to be rubber-brushed so that it can counter vibrations and maintain the quality of your wines.
The EdgeStar CWR532SZ Wine Cooler is backed up with a 1-year manufacturers warranty on the parts as well as a one-year warranty on labor.
The EdgeStar CWR532SZ 24 Inch Wide 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler has a reputation of being a well-performing and quiet wine refrigerator. Some note that this model maintains the temperature well. It is also made for long-term use in your home kitchen or bar. The built-in capacity allows the customers to build it in their kitchen island, counter, or have it freestanding if so desired. It is a fairly new model from Edgestar and already has high satisfaction ratings from wine connoisseurs.
- Minimal noise
- Reversible door for setting it up anywhere you please
- Easy to manage temperature setting
- Well-lit and transparent wine fridge equipped with a security lock feature
- Wine racks can’t fit large bottles without reducing bottle capacity
- Single-zone temperature operation only
Edgestar is a reputable company that offers affordable wine refrigerators for every need based on budget, bottle capacity, optimal cooling performance, and efficiency. It is a well-designed wine refrigerator with functions that make it easy to store, display, and have access to your wines.
For the price, you get the same features the Edgestar uses on their larger wine fridges and on their dual zone operation wine coolers. If you need space for a substantial wine collection, this 56-bottle wine refrigerator should be a good value buy. With its quiet and efficient cooling performance, you can be sure your wines are properly stored so you won’t be wasting them. Features like a digital temperature display, a glass door, and a lock also enhance the efficiency of this wine fridge.
This wine fridge is recommended for those who have a substantial wine collection and need optimal storage for wines that have the same temperature requirements. It is also for those who are looking to store their wines for an extended period as it is a cost-effective wine cooler with odor control. Those who frequently entertain guests and want easy access to their wines will also like this budget-friendly wine cooler. If this is you, then take a look at the EdgeStar CWR532SZ 53 Bottle Wine Cooler.
However, if you’re looking for more wine coolers from EdgeStar, take a look at our top 9 edgeStar wine coolers guide.