Today’s product review will highlight an ultra-slim, barely-there wine cooler from a reputable brand in wine refrigeration. Our review puts the EdgeStar CWR70SZ 6-Inch 7 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler on the spotlight. It’s a built-in wine cooler with a slim body that can be installed into the smallest spaces.
As we often do here at Love Craft Wines, we research and review all aspects of wine coolers including its features, technical specs, pros, cons, and everything else you need to know before you buy this model. Is it the wine cooler you’re looking for to put in your home? Read this quick review or jump to the summary to find out.
- Height – Approximately 35 inches
- Width – Approximately 6 inches
- Depth – Approximately 21 inches including the handles
- Weight – 42 pounds
Capacity and Design:
The EdgeStar CWR70SZ has six metal shelves with an individual shelf for up to 7 bottles. The bottom compartment has adequate space for larger bottles. Take note that bottle capacity in EdgeStar coolers refers to standard 2.75” Bordeaux bottles. The shelves are removable making it easy to access the wines and do proper cleanup.
The overall design is astounding. At only 6 inches width, you can barely notice this wine cooler when it is built into under the counter kitchen cabinetry. It also has the option of being a freestanding unit. It is best installed for safekeeping.
The doors on this wine fridge are stainless-trimmed glass door panels. It is hinged for easy installation and also comes with a large handle that requires installing. You may opt to go without handles if you require less depth. The door is also reversible, making it easier to customize depending on the placement of the wine fridge in your kitchen.
The glass panel features black dots that are barely noticeable. This tinted feature protects your wines from UV exposure, especially in sunny kitchens. A soft blue LED-lit display is located at the center inside of the wine cooler. This shows an accurate display of the temperature as well as a convenient temperature control box.
So what makes the EdgeStar CWR70SZ stand out from the competition? First off, it does a great job at being one of the most discreet wine coolers in today’s market. If you don’t want to be very obvious in your display of wine coolers, this will be a great option. We continue with more highlights about this wine cooler below:
- Slim-Fit installation– One of the exemplary features of the EdgeStar CWR70SZ is its 6-inch width and overall compact dimensions that make it easy to install in small kitchens like in apartments and tiny homes. Create the perfect wine nook with this cooler.
- Wide Temperature Spectrum– This wine cooler boasts a full temperature range just like its bigger counterparts. It can accommodate temperature levels between 40 to 65°F. As it is a single-door wine cooler with a small wine bottle capacity, the wine cooler operates a single temperature zone only.
- Modern Design– The wine refrigerator can be placed in any kitchen and blend flawlessly with any kitchen design. While it is cut out for modern, contemporary, or industrial-themed kitchens, its slim body and sleek design make it suitable for just about any kitchen theme.
- Digital Display and Temperature Control– This feature is also seen among the larger models of the EdgeStar Wine Cooler and we’re glad the EdgeStar CWR70SZ featured it as well. It makes for easy temperature set-up and maintenance. That soft blue LED light does not get warm to the touch at all. Instead, it subtly highlights the wine collection without standing out too much.
- Compressor-Type Wine cooler– This type of cooling mechanism is highly efficient as it utilizes large internal circulation fans to properly distribute cool air throughout the entire wine cooler. This built-in capable wine fridge is also adequately ventilated externally for safety measures.
The EdgeStar CWR70SZ has an added feature of a one-year warranty on labor. Also, take note that this is a compressor-type wine cooler. In the event that repairs are needed on your unit after the warranty passes, you will be able to find a local repairman that will do the job as it is a compressor-type appliance.
Customers who bought this wine cooler used it for small spaces and tiny kitchens. The common response was a nod to the EdgeStar’s design. It was also overall easy to install as it is slim and does not require large gaps with big dimensions. Customers also noted its overall quiet performance as a big plus in their satisfaction.
- 6-inches slim build
- Built-in capable
- Quiet performance
- Glass panel
- LED temperature display
- Full temperature range
- Compressor type cooler
- One year labor warranty
- Freestanding-capable but not recommended. The tendency is for the wine fridge to tip over.
- It is quite costly considering its bottle capacity.
The EdgeStar CWR70SZ is small but highly functional. It has the features of a larger wine cooler with a higher bottle capacity. If you live in a small studio or apartment and you don’t really need much space for wine storage, this is a good buy. It is slim and space-saving. Plus, it’s easy to install, monitor, manage, and access. You can quickly install and get it up and running quickly after unboxing.
It is for you if you want to have a high-quality wine cooler at home despite having a small space. The features of this wine cooler are on par with many of EdgeStar’s bigger models. It is not for you if you need more space to store your wine collection. Also, if you’re on a tight budget, you may find that a compact wine cooler with full features as large EdgeStar wine coolers is out of your price range.
Once you purchase this wine cooler for small home use, then you will love its features. It wasn’t compromised with the features so you can enjoy them to the fullest. Buy this if all you got is a slim under the counter space and have a limited number of wines to store.
However, if you’re looking for more wine coolers from EdgeStar, take a look at our Top 9 Best EdgeStar Wine Coolers Buyers Guide.