Our product review for today will be highlighting this countertop wine fridge with horizontal and vertical wine storage capacity. Nutrichef rolls out with a 12-bottle wine cooler with freestanding capabilities so you can use it right out of the box.
Here at Love Craft Wines, we do our research on all aspects of the wine fridges we review. Read everything you need to know about the NutriChef PKTEWC120 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler in today’s review. From technical specs and features to pros, cons, and customer reviews—read all about the Nutrichef PKTEWC120 in our review. We also included a summary of this thermoelectric wine refrigerator.
NutriChef PKTEWC120 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
- Height – 25 inches
- Width – 9.9 inches
- Depth – 19.7 inches
- Weight – 28.2 pounds
Capacity and Design:
The NutriChef PKTEWC120 Wine Cooler offers polished chrome wine racks with a maximum capacity of up to 12 bottles. Unlike other wine fridges that only hold standard-sized bottles, this wine fridge also offers wine storage for large bottles. You can opt to place the wine bottles lying down which is optimal for long-term storage or standing upright for up to 4 opened bottles. The Nutrichef 12-bottle wine cooler has a dedicated section for vertical wine storage.
The overall look of the NutriChef PKTEWC120 Thermoelectric Wine Cooler is very sleek and portable. It flaunts a glass door reinforced with an air-tight seal—features that allow you to see the contents of your wine fridge without hampering its cooling efficiency.
The body is made of engineered thermoplastic ABS. The stainless steel and glass wine fridge work well with modern kitchen and contemporary bar designs.
The exteriors also include a digital touch display. The placement of the temperature settings makes it convenient to manage without interfering with the cooling environment.
The size of the NutriChef PKTEWC120 Wine Fridge makes it portable and convenient to install anywhere be it in your kitchen, bar, home office, dining room, or living room. It weighs less than 20 pounds so you can easily carry it and place it on your counter without weighing too heavily.
So what makes the NutriChef PKTEWC120 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler a cut above the rest? Aside from its portability and modern design, this is a powerful wine fridge that is big on efficiency. Here are some of the things we love about this wine cooler.
- Freestanding installation– Install this wine cooler anywhere you like. With its portable dimensions, you can place it right next to your couch, on the floor, or under your desk. It’s also ideal to be used as an under-counter wine fridge. It is also not too heavy for your counter, kitchen island, or bar but you can place it on the floor if you like. It’s so easy to install, you can use it right out of the box.
- Thermoelectric cooling– This type of cooling technology ensures proper air distribution throughout your wine bottles. Compared to compressor-type wine coolers, thermoelectric wine coolers like the NutriChef PKTEWC120 Wine Cooler operates constantly. Compressor wine coolers, like a standard food refrigerator, operate on a cycle that turns on and off to maintain interior temperatures. Thermoelectric cooling is also more environmentally-safe and produces fewer vibrations.
- Ultra-quiet performance– This wine fridge is perfect for home and office set-ups as it minimizes noise when operating even when you come close to it.
- Space-saving shelving– With a maximum bottle capacity of 12 bottles, you will surely make the most of this wine fridge. Its shelving system includes options for lying-down bottles and upright bottle placement which is great for storing opened bottles.
- Airtight with built-in interior fans- This wine cooler is equipped with a ventilation grill and built-in cooling fans that distribute cool air throughout your wines. The glass door is secured airtight to prevent disruptions with the cooling environment.
The NutriChef PKTEWC120 Wine Cooler is backed up by a one-year manufacturer’s satisfaction guarantee. You can be sure that your wine cooler won’t let you down with wine storage for the long-term. The warranty also covers repair, excluding shipping costs.
This wine fridge has amassed a huge amount of satisfied customers, who have commented on the efficiency, design and overall build of this wine cooler. It takes little room making it a space-savvy choice for home and office use. The quiet performance of this wine cooler is hard to beat as well. Negative reviews cited the temperature range as a downside as it can only be adjusted between 50 to 64°F. Some also complained about longevity issues and temperature getting warmer as time goes by. To be fair, satisfied customers noted how their NutriChef PKTEWC120 Wine Cooling Unit kept a steady optimal temperature.
- Standing and lying down bottle placement
- Up to 12 wine bottles capacity
- Ultra-quiet wine cooler
- Glassdoor for visibility
- Exterior temperature control panel
- Celsius and Fahrenheit settings
- Narrow temperature range
- Limited warranty
The NutriChef PKTEWC120 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler is a recommended buy for wine connoisseurs who are looking for a space-efficient countertop wine fridge for home and office use. This wine cooler can be placed on the floor or on a countertop, wherever you need it to be. Its dimensions and weight are portable. Plus, it’s freestanding-capable so you can place it move it around where you need it to be.
The aesthetics of this wine cooler is suitable for home and office designs both contemporary and industrial. The stainless steel body with the glass front makes it easy to blend with any design without standing out like a sore thumb.
When it comes to cooling performance, the NutriChef PKTEWC120 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler boasts an airtight glass door, a temperature panel on the outside, and built-in cooling fans for efficient air distribution. This wine cooler runs on thermoelectric cooling technology for ultra-quiet performance. One important consideration would be the temperature range as this wine cooler is limited on running between 50 to 64°F or 10 to 18°C.
The design of the polished chrome shelving inside allows for up to 12 bottles to be stored at a time. The shelving is placed in a way that allows upright storing of wines and bottles lying down. This way, you can store your wine bottles the way that best fits your needs.