Are you searching for a dual zone wine cooler that can stand in a vertical space in your kitchen? This product review looks into a wine refrigerator that does just that. We will be reviewing the EdgeStar TWR215ESS, a dual zone wine cooler for freestanding installations in your kitchen.
We will check its overall aesthetics, bottle capacity, cooling performance, some advantages and disadvantages, and a summary of all the customer reviews on this wine cooler. If you do not have enough time to go through reviews and research on amazing wine cooling products with the features you need at your budget price point, this product review will definitely save you time.
EdgeStar TWR215ESS 21-Bottle Freestanding Dual Zone Stainless Steel Wine Cooler
- Height- Approximately 33 inches
- Width- Approximately 14 inches
- Depth- Approximately 22 inches with handles
- Weight- 46 pounds
Capacity and Design:
The EdgeStar TWR215ESS Dual Zone Wine Cooler is designed to fit 21 standard 3” Bordeaux bottles (around 750mL). The wine cooler fits 6 scalloped chrome shelves with 4 racks on the lower zone and 2 racks on the upper zone. The temperature panel and blue LED-lit temperature display sits at the bottom of the two separate zones. You will be able to manage the settings of the temperature for both zones as the panel has two separate temperature displays and manual settings. The blue LED also beautifully highlights your wines.
The temperature is clearly visible from the outside through the double-paneled tinted glass door. The wine fridge flaunts a large handle and stainless steel-trimmed doors—trademarks of an EdgeStar design. The shelves are removable for easy clean-up but you won’t need to remove the shelves to fit all 21 standard wine bottles. If you do want to accommodate large and wide wine bottles, you may fit them on the bottom shelf, only slightly reducing the bottle capacity of the wine cooler.
The freestanding EdgeStar TWR215ESS also features leveling legs so it is a little raised from the floor. This will ensure proper air ventilation all around the wine fridge provided you follow the space requirements. The EdgeStar TWR215ESS is suitable for a small area in your home be it in the dining or kitchen. It will not take a lot of space and looks great in modern, contemporary, and industrial kitchens.
The EdgeStar TWR215ESS 21-Bottle Wine Cooler proves that you do not need to buy a high-priced wine cooler to get the desired features you need. Here are some key considerations that we wanted to highlight about this wine cooler:
- Cost-Effective– If you are looking for a budget wine cooler for your home, this wine cooler is a good buy. It is affordably-priced and with features that are often seen in the more costly brands. This wine cooler is also energy-efficient as it runs on 140 watts only.
- Dual Zone– One of the best things about this cheap wine cooler is that it boasts a dual temperature zone operation. This means you can keep both your reds and wines in the same wine cooler, but on different enclosures. The upper zone can store around 6 wines and the lower zone can fit around 15 wines.
- LED Temperature Displays– This wine cooler features two different temperature displays so you can easily store wines that have different temperature requirements. Keep in mind that the temperatures displayed are set at Fahrenheit only. The temperature ranges between 46 to 64°F and you can toggle the settings using up and down arrow controls that are clearly labeled for the lower and upper zones.
- Even Cooling– A standard feature in EdgeStar wine coolers are the large internal fans that ensure proper air distribution and zero hot spots.
- Sun Protection– The wine cooler features a single, long glass door panel with no division between the two zones. The temperature panel is what separates the two temperature zones of your wine cooler. EdgeStar made sure to incorporate a double-paneled tempered glass to ensure the glass will not break easily and will also protect your wines from harmful UV light.
- Vibration-Free– Vibration can ruin your wines in storage. To prevent this from happening, EdgeStar opted to utilize thermoelectric cooling that handles temperature regulation well without the vibrations.
The affordable wine cooler is backed up by a 1-year warranty on parts. Keep in mind that it the warranty for labor is only 90 days. This could be of concern as local repairmen often cannot handle wine coolers or appliances that do not have compressors, as is the case with this wine cooler.
You should be able to maximize the use of this wine cooler for a good 1 to 3 years before needing replacements or repairs. Some noted it lasted around 5 years. Be careful to read the owner’s manual to ensure the appropriate care for this wine fridge. Positive reviews noted reliability and quiet performance while negative reviews were concerned about faulty units becoming faulty in under a year.
>>>Check out the Latest Amazon Customer Reviews of the EdgeStar TWR215ESS <<<
- Quiet performance
- No vibrations
- Dual zone operation with wide temperature range
- Double paneled glass door with UV protection
- Dual temperature displays and temperature settings
- Soft blue LED light (zero warmth)
- Internal fans for optimum air distribution
- Glassdoor has no partition in the middle so you access both zones every time.
- Wide neck bottles do not fit on the wire racks
- Not built-in capable
To summarize, the EdgeStar TWR215ESS is a wine refrigerator with good value for money. It is cheap yet with quality cooling performance comparable to the more costly EdgeStar wine coolers. This wine fridge is stylish and fits a modern kitchen theme. This wine cooler is freestanding only, which means it is not designed with ventilation requirements that can allow it to be built-in under kitchen counters.
With glass doors, removable metal racks, dual temperature displays, up and down button controls, soft blue LED lights, even cooling, sun protection, a quiet, and vibration-free performance, you will certainly want to buy the EdgeStar TWR215ESS, as it’s a highly affordable, yet reliable wine cooler that takes up only a small space.
However, if you’re looking for more wine coolers from EdgeStar, take a look at our Top 9 Best EdgeStar Wine Fridges Buyers Guide.