In this product review, we introduce to you the EdgeStar CWR181SZ.
It is a single zone, built-in wine refrigerator designed to store a small collection of your favorite wines. This model is built in-capable making it a fine choice for home use or even commercial usage.
Read through the technical specifications of the product as well as our key insight into its overall design, performance, feature highlights, pros, cons, and everything else you need to know about this wine fridge.
If you are searching for a small wine fridge with great value design and features, read on to find out why this wine cooler is worth buying.
EdgeStar CWR181SZ 12 Inch Wide 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler
- Height- 34.25 inches
- Width- Approximately 12 inches
- Depth- 24.5 inches with handles
- Weight- 66 pounds
Capacity and Design:
The EdgeStar CWR181SZ Built-in Wine Cooler is designed for storing a limited number of wines (18 to be precise). If you have a small wine collection you like to keep at home for dinners with friends and keeping your sanity, then this wine fridge is meant for you.
It is an 18-bottle wine refrigerator with six wood-trimmed wine racks. Keep in mind that the bottle capacity refers to standard 2.75” bottles with the recommended bottle arrangement. The bottles will be lying down on the wine shelves, not standing up. Do note that the shelves are removable and can slide out for easy cleaning and access to your wine collection.
The overall design is an Edgestar Trademark. Its slim design allows it to be built into spaces under counters such as that narrow space for your trash compactor. It features proper air ventilation provided that you follow the recommended cutout dimensions. If you prefer a freestanding wine fridge, the design and build of this wine cooler is also fit for such purpose. It is an attractive and small wine cooler that you can flaunt in your dining or kitchen area.
The glass door also flaunts a stylish stainless steel trim and large handles. Plus, the LED-lit display allows you to manage the temperature of your wines even with the door closed.
So what makes this wine fridge a suitable choice for those who need to store a small wine collection? Here are some features that we wanted to highlight:
- Small and slim design – The wine cooler is weighty enough to be durable yet it is just the height of a toddler. Also, it flaunts a slim body making it easy to find a space to fit the wine cooler in.
- Reversible Door Swing – This is an essential feature especially for those who need more versatility with the way their appliance doors open. To ensure the wine cooler does not bump into other appliances when open, be sure to install the door hinges in the ideal position.
- Modern/Industrial Design – The stainless steel and wood trimmings all make this a contemporary kitchen appliance that you can feature in your home.
- Glass Doors – Save energy and showcase your wine collection with a wine cooler that utilizes a glass front door panel. A great thing about the glass door aside from its large handle and reversible door swing is that it also has UV protection to prevent hot spots among your wines.
- LED-lit, Digital Temperature Display – This wine cooler has a single zone temperature operation suitable for storing similar wine collections such as reds or white wine only. The temperature ranges between 40 to 65°F and is accurately read by the digital display panel.
- Even Cooling Distribution – The EdgeStar CWR181SZ is engineered with internal fans that ensure proper air circulation to adequately cool all of your wines. Even temperature distribution can be a problem with some budget wine coolers but not with this model.
- Carbon Filter – If you are storing your red wine collection for quite some time and you do not want to deal with unwanted odors the next time you access your wines, then this feature should be highly important to you. The built-in carbon filter is designed to protect your wines against unpleasant odors evident in some aging wine.
EdgeStar is one to stand behind its products. With the EdgeStar CWR181SZ, the affordably-priced wine refrigerator comes with the added value of a one year warranty. The warranty should cover replacement parts as well as labor for repairs. Should you need this feature, you know you have a one –year guarantee.
Customers noted that it is a relatively quiet model with only a handful being disturbed by its noise level. Common among customers is the comment that the bottle capacity is quite snug. The model does not allow bottles to stand up which can limit the bottle capacity if this is your preferred way of wine storage.
>>>Check out the Latest Amazon Customer Reviews of the EdgeStar CWR181SZ<<<
- Built-in capable with a slim build and a reversible door swing
- LED-lit display to highlight your wines and check the temperature with ease
- Contemporary design with a large door handle, sleek stainless steel trim, glass door, and wooden shelves
- Full temperature range spectrum
- Good quality wine fridge with one year warranty
- 1-year warranty
- The bottle capacity can be quite tight.
- A bit pricey for a small wine cooler.
- Somewhat noisy
The EdgeStar CWR181SZ 18 bottle unit is a handy wine cooler to flaunt in anyone’s modern kitchen. It has a good build quality and sleek design whether it is built into your kitchen cabinetry or displayed in a freestanding style. The metal borders complement the wood on the shelves as well. The overall look is aesthetically-pleasing even when it is a small wine cooler designed for up to 18 standard bottles.
Inside the EdgeStar CWR181SZ are powerful fans that ensure even cooling and no hotspots. The glass door is also designed with UV ray protection—an essential in sunny kitchens. Take note that the wine cooler is not outdoor-approved so if you have a mini bar by the pool and you want a wine fridge there, you might ruin the performance of this wine cooler by bringing outdoors.
Overall, this 18-bottle wine cooler is a good quality unit at an affordable price. With a single zone temperature operation and an easy to read accurate display, you will certainly enjoy this wine cooler in your home for the long-term. The one-year warranty doesn’t hurt too.
However, if you’re looking for more wine coolers from EdgeStar, take a look at our top 9 best edgestar wine fridges buyers guide.